Low Carb All Natural Double Berry Streusel-Topped Muffins
Recipe - Courtesy of Dixie USA
- 1/2 cup - Carb Counters Bakesquick
- 1/2 cup - Sugar Not Spoonful Natural Sugar Replacement
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup - sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons - melted, unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup - frozen or fresh berries of your choice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 6 tin muffin pan or foil/paper baking cups with non-stick cooking spray. In medium sized bowl, mix Bakesquick and Sugar Not Spoonful. For crumble topping (if desired) remove 1 Tablespoon of the dry mix, place in a cup and add 1 teaspoon of the melted butter. Mix with fork to crumble and set aside. Add all ingredients except berries to dry mix in bowl. Add 1/2 cup water and stir with spoon until well blended (about a minute). Mix berries lightly into batter and spoon into baking cups or tins. Muffin cups/ tins will be full.
Sprinkle crumbled topping over muffins and bake for 18-20 minutes - muffins will be lightly browned; tops will feel soft and not quite firm when lightly pressed in center. Refrigerated leftovers. Muffins may be frozen for up to 2 months. 5 net carbs per muffin. Makes 6 big bakery style streusel-topped muffins.
Variations: (adds 1 net carb per muffin)
- For double berry Walnut Muffins, add 1/4 cup mini chopped walnuts
- For Coconut double berry muffins, add 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
- For Coconut Almond Muffins, add 1/4 cup sliced almonds