Blender Better Bean Burger
Recipe - Courtesy of Dixie USA
- 1/2 cup - Hot Water
- 2 Tablespoons - Dried Cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon - Onion Flavored Broth
- 1 Tablespoon - Your favorite egg substitute
- 1 cup - Beef (Not!) Ground
- 1/4 teaspoon - Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 cup - Onion - red, white or green
- 1/4 cup - Red or Orange Pepper
- 15 oz - Black Soy Beans - 1 can, drained
Combine peppers (both kinds), onion, water, cilantro, your favorite egg substitute and broth in blender and mince for 30 seconds. Add beans and pulse for 30 seconds more, until fine. Add Beef (Not!), stir to mix and shape into 4 round balls - flatten to form patties and microwave on plate coated with non stick cooking spray, for 3-4 minutes per patty or coat large skillet with non stick cooking spray, turn and cook for 3-4 minutes more. Great served with red onions.
Makes 4 burgers.